Text to Speech
You will not be able to recognize the New Delhi railway station in the next few years. Indian Railways has prepared to change its appearance. Rail Land Development Authority (RLDA) has called for bids from private companies, agencies for redevelopment of the railway station.
New Delhi: In the next few years you will not be able to recognize the New Delhi railway station. Indian Railways has prepared to change its appearance. Rail Land Development Authority (RLDA) has called for bids from private companies, agencies for redevelopment of the railway station. Railways said that it will cost about Rs 4,925 crore to redevelop the New Delhi station. There is a plan to make the railway station exactly on the lines of the airport.
After redevelopment, what will change in this station, let's take a look at what is the complete plan of the railway.
1. The new railway station will be a major hub of world class retail, commercial and hospitality business
2. The new railway station will have all the necessary and modern facilities
3. The project will have a large expansion of commercial components. It will have 5 star hotels, budget hotels and service apartments, which will be built on about 30 acres of land.
4. The platform will be designed in such a way that it is easy for the traveler to reach there. He had to face the least of the crowd
5. There will also be arrangements for lounges, food courts and rest rooms for the passengers
6. All these will be connected through an elevated road network, which will have many entry and exit doors.
7. It will have a multilevel parking system, natural light, ventilation will be taken care of at the station
8. Separate corridors will be made for the movement of the station.
Let us tell you that New Delhi railway station is the second busiest railway station in the country. About 4.5 lakh passengers daily arrive from here. More than 400 trains move here every day.