Report Wire

News at Another Perspective

Reliance, BP begin up second deepwater gasoline discipline in KG-D6 block

2 min read

Reliance Industries Ltd and its accomplice BP Plc of UK on Monday introduced the beginning of manufacturing from the second set of latest discoveries the 2 are creating within the jap offshore KG-D6 block.
Reliance-BP, who had commenced output from R Cluster in December final yr, began manufacturing from the Satellite Cluster, the 2 corporations mentioned in an announcement.
“Satellite Cluster field comes onstream two months ahead of schedule despite COVID-19 challenges,” it mentioned.

Reliance-BP is creating three deep-water gasoline developments in block KG-D6 — R Cluster, Satellite Cluster and MJ — which collectively are anticipated to supply round 30 million commonplace cubic meters per day of pure gasoline by 2023, assembly as much as 15 per cent of India’s gasoline demand.
The developments will every make the most of the present hub infrastructure within the KG-D6 block.
Reliance is the operator of the block with a 66.67 per cent collaborating curiosity and BP holds the remaining 33.33 per cent.
The Satellite Cluster is the second of the three developments to come back onstream, following the beginning up of R Cluster in December 2020. It had initially been scheduled to begin manufacturing in mid-2021.
The discipline is positioned about 60 km from the present onshore terminal at Kakinada, in Andhra Pradesh in water depths of as much as 1,850 meters.

“The field will produce gas from four reservoirs utilizing a total of five wells and is expected to reach gas production of up to 6 mmscmd. Together, the R Cluster and Satellite Cluster are expected to contribute to about 20 per cent of India’s current gas production,” the assertion mentioned.
The third KG D6 improvement, MJ, is anticipated to come back onstream in the direction of the latter half of 2022.