Text to Speech Voices
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation on the occasion of Buddha Purnima and urged people to take inspiration from each other and stay resolved in their fight against coronavirus. The Prime Minister spoke of the relevance of Buddha's teachings in these testing times as the world faces one of its toughest challenges yet.
- I appreciate you for your cooperation in these desperate times of coronavirus: PM Modi
- The world is passing through a tough phase: PM Modi
- We are extremely lucky that we get to see several examples of people who are sacrificing their own comfort for the greater good of serving the masses. All such people deserve are gratitude: PM Modi
- We are determined in our fight against coronavirus: PM Modi
- When we have love and affection for each other, these feelings make us strong enough to tackle any hardship in life: PM Modi
The Union Ministry of Culture in collaboration with the International Buddhist Confederation (IBC) is holding a Virtual Prayer Event where all the supreme heads of Buddhist Sanghas from around the world will participate.
Buddha Purnima, also called Buddha Jayanti marks the birth anniversary of Gautam Buddha, the founder of Buddhism.
Buddha Purnima celebrations are being held through a Virtual Visak day owing to the impact of the Covid-19 Pandemic across the globe. This will be conducted in honour of all the frontline workers and victims of coronavirus.
Prayer ceremonies on the occasion will be streamed live from the Sacred Garden Lumbini in Nepal, Mahabodhi Temple, Bodhgaya, Mulgandha Kuti Vihara, Sarnath, Parinirvana Stupa, Kushinagar in India, Pirith Chanting from Ruwanweli Maha Seya in the sacred and historic Anuradhapura stupa premises, Sri Lanka, Boudhanath, Swayambhu, Namo Stupa in Nepal and other popular Buddhist sites