Report Wire - Pensioners residing overseas? Here is how one can submit your life certificates

Report Wire

News at Another Perspective

Pensioners residing overseas? Here is how one can submit your life certificates

2 min read
Pensioners: The life certificate can be also be submitted online (iStock)

Every pensioner is required to submit a life certificates, also referred to as ‘Jeevan Pramaan’ within the month of November for the continuation of his/her pension. Those aged 80 years or above can submit it between October 1 and November 30. Pensioners can both submit it bodily by visiting the financial institution or avail of doorstep providers. The life certificates may be even be submitted on-line.

But what about these pensioners who’re residing overseas?  According to the round launched by the Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare (DoPPW), the next procedures can be found for submitting a life certificates by a pensioner residing overseas

1) The round states that in case of a pensioner/household pensioner residing overseas and drawing his pension/household pension by way of any financial institution included within the Second Schedule to the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934, the life certificates could also be signed by an officer of the Bank. A pensioner/household pensioner will get exemption from private look topic to manufacturing of Life Certificate signed by the above-mentioned officer of the financial institution.

2) A pensioner/household pensioner not residing in India is exempted from private look if his/her duly approved agent produces a life certificates signed by a Magistrate, a Notary, a Banker, or a Diplomatic Representative of India.

3) Pensioner/household pensioner may present Digital Life Certificate on-line by way of Aadhaar primarily based biometric authentication system.

4) In the case of NRI pensioners/household pensioners who’re unable to come back to India for private identification, pension/household pension could also be allowed on the premise of a certificates to be issued by a licensed official of the Indian Embassy/High Commission of India or Consul of Indian Consulate within the nation the place the pensioner/household pensioner is residing. This certificate is to be issued on verification of Pensioner/Family Pensioner on the premise of pictures pasted within the PPO or on the premise of {photograph} pasted on the Passport or some other such doc.

5) In case the pensioner/household pensioner is unable to go to the Embassy of India/Consulate, he/she might submit requisite paperwork by publish to the Embassy/Consulate, together with Doctor’s Certificate displaying the pensioner’s/household pensioner’s lack of ability to current himself/herself in individual. Embassy of India/High Commission/ Indian Consulate can also help pensioners/household pensioners within the submission of the Life Certificate.







Subscribe to Mint Newsletters * Enter a legitimate e-mail * Thank you for subscribing to our e-newsletter.

Never miss a narrative! Stay linked and knowledgeable with Mint.
our App Now!!