New Delhi: The Conference of Governors on National Education Policy 2020 was addressed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President Ram Nath Kovind through video conferencing. During this, the PM said that the new education policy will prepare the youth of the country on both the education and skill fronts according to the future requirements. At the same time, the President said in his address that teachers will have a central role in the fundamental changes being made in the education system. The theme of this program organized by the Ministry of Education has been the 'Role of National Education Policy-2020' in the changes in the field of higher education. Education ministers of all the states, vice chancellors of universities are participating in this.
The success of the National Education Policy will depend on the effective contribution of both the Center and the State. Education is the subject of the concurrent list under the Indian Constitution. Therefore, it requires joint and coordinated action by the Center and the states: President Ram Nath Kovind
Through education, we have to create students who are proud of national pride as well as a sense of world welfare and can be truly global citizens: President Ram Nath Kovind
- The National Education Policy has been prepared after an unprecedented and lengthy process of consultations. I am told that in the formulation of this policy, more than two lakh suggestions received from two and a half lakh gram panchayats, more than twelve thousand five thousand local bodies and about 675 districts have been taken into consideration: President Ram Nath Kovind
- Teachers will have a central role in the fundamental changes being made in the education system. It has been made clear in this education policy that the most promising people in the teaching profession should be selected and their livelihood, dignity and autonomy should be ensured.
National education policy will be able to take the countrymen, especially the youth forward, in accordance with the needs and aspirations of the twenty-first century. This is not only a policy document, but a reflection of the aspirations of the learners and citizens of India: President Ram Nath Kovind
Comprehensive provisions have been made in the National Education Policy keeping in mind the future. As technology is expanding to villages. As such, access to information and education is also increasing. Our responsibility is to promote technical solutions more in every college: PM Modi
- This education policy is not the education policy of the government. This is the education policy of the country. Just as foreign policy is the policy of the country, defense policy is the policy of the country, similarly education policy is also the policy of the country: PM Modi
- Whether there is a teacher or a big educationist in the village, everyone is looking at the national education policy, their education education policy. There is a feeling in everyone's mind that I wanted to see this improvement in the earlier education policy. This is the major reason for acceptance of national education policy: PM Modi
National education policy is not just for changing the way of education. This is going to give a new direction to the social and economic aspect of 21st century India. It is shaping the resolve and strength of self-reliant India: PM Modi
Education policy and education system are important means of fulfilling the aspirations of the country. Center, state government, local bodies, all are attached to the responsibility of education system. But it is also true that the government, its interference, its influence in education policy, should be minimal: PM Modi
- The more teachers, parents are connected with the education policy, the more the students will be connected, the more its relevance and comprehensiveness. Both millions of people of the country, living in the village, living in the village, people connected with the education sector, For this, gave his feedback, gave his suggestions: PM Modi
PM Modi informed in a tweet that on September 7, at 10:30 am I will be attending a conference with the President, Governors and Vice Chancellors of Universities on National Education Policy 2020 and its transformative impact. The salvation resulting from this conference will strengthen our efforts to make India a center of knowledge.
At the same time, a statement issued by the Prime Minister's Office said that the National Education Policy-2020 is the first education policy of the twenty-first century, which has been declared 34 years after the National Education Policy 1986. The new education policy has brought about major reforms at both the school and higher education levels. According to the statement, the comprehensive changes through the National Education Policy will bring about a paradigm shift in the education system of the country and will create an efficient and strong educational ecosystem in the direction of the Prime Minister's thinking towards creating a self-sufficient India.
Several webinars, virtual conferences and conferences are being organized on various aspects of the National Education Policy 2020 across the country. The Ministry of Education and the University Grants Commission had recently organized a conference on transformational reforms in higher education under the National Education Policy -2020, which was addressed by the Prime Minister himself.
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister approved the National Education Policy 2020 on 29 July. It is the first education policy of the 21st century and will replace the 34-year-old National Education Policy (NPE), 1986. According to the government, the aim is to transform India into a knowledge-based vibrant society and global superpower of knowledge and bring out the unique capabilities inherent in every student, making school and college education more holistic, flexible to suit the needs of the 21st century.