Report Wire - Government pronounces 10% reservation for Agniveers in CISF

Report Wire

News at Another Perspective

Government pronounces 10% reservation for Agniveers in CISF

2 min read
Government announces 10% reservation for Agniveers in CISF

Every week after saying a ten p.c reservation for former Agniveers in Border Security Force (BSF), the Union Ministry of Home Affairs on Thursday, March 16 introduced an identical reservation for ex-Agniveers in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF). 

The ministry amended the Central Industrial Security Force Security Wing (Subordinate Ranks) Group ‘B’ and ‘C’ to implement a ten p.c reservation for ex-Agniveers within the CISF.

“In exercise of powers conferred by section 5 read with clause 9(a) of sub-section (2) of section 2 of the Central Industrial Security Forces Act, (50 of 1968), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules to further amend the Central Industrial Security Force Security Wing (Subordinate Rank) Group ‘B’ and ‘C’ Post Recruitment Rules 2010,” the MHA discover states.

The Home Ministry additionally notified leisure within the higher age restrict by as much as 5 years for the primary batch.

For the candidates within the first batch of ex-Agniveers, the higher age restrict could also be relaxed by as much as 5 years. According to a discover launched by the ministry of residence affairs, 10% of the open vacancies have to be reserved for former Agniveers.

The higher age restrict shall be versatile by as much as three years for the next batches of ex-Agniveers, it acknowledged. Ex-Agniveers won’t be required to take the bodily effectivity check.

“The upper age limit shall be relaxable up to five years for the candidates of the first batch of ex-Agniveers. Ten percent of the vacancies shall be reserved for ex-Agniveers,” the MHA notification reads.

Reservation for ex-Agniveers in BSF

The union ministry of residence affairs just lately introduced that 10% of all vacancies on the Border Security Force shall be reserved for the Agniveers after their phrases within the military below the Agnipath scheme is over. As the tenure of the Agniveers within the Agnipath is 4 years, it will be certain that ex-Agniveers may have the chance to hitch the BSF after their tenure.

Agnipath Scheme

On June 14, 2022, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, together with the chiefs of three armed forces, launched the Agnipath scheme for the recruitment of youth within the armed forces. Those who get enrolled within the armed forces below this scheme are known as Agniveers. Enrollment below the scheme is open for each women and men for a four-year interval, together with the coaching.

The Agnipath scheme permits patriotic and motivated youth to serve within the armed forces for a brief interval of four-year. As per the press launch by the Defence Ministry, the scheme has been designed to allow a youthful profile of the Armed forces. While 25% of the Agniveers shall be absorbed into the military completely after the 4-year time period, the remainder 75% will retire.