german text to speech
New Delhi: The scheme was launched by the Prime Minister on 15 August 2014, Jan Dhan Yojana, after the PM's announcement, the scheme was officially launched on 28 August 2014. The scheme was started with this objective - Modi government started the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana with the objective of financial inclusion, to benefit the government schemes to the poor and backward and to link those who could not connect with the banking system.
11 benefits available with Jan Dhan account
- Jan Dhan account is opened for free and no minimum balance is required to be kept in it. Overdraft facility is available after 6 months.
- Accidental insurance cover up to 2 lakh rupees.
- Life cover up to Rs 30,000, which is available on the eligibility conditions on the death of the beneficiary.
- Interest is available on deposits.
- Free mobile banking facility is also provided with the account.
- Rupees debit card is given to the person who opens the Jan Dhan account, so that he can get money from the account
- Can get removed or shop.
- It is easy to buy insurance, pension products through Jan Dhan account.
- If there is a Jan Dhan account, then accounts will be opened for pension in schemes like PM Kisan and Shramayogi Maandhan.
- Money transfer facility is provided throughout the country.
- Money comes directly into the account of the benefits of government schemes.
6 years of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana completed
The accident insurance amount of Jan Dhan account holders has been increased from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 2 lakh. Money is transferred directly to the beneficiaries of various government schemes through DBT to their bank account.
As of August 19, 40.35 crore bank accounts have been opened under this scheme. Of the bank accounts opened under the scheme, 63.6 percent accounts were opened for villagers. Not only this, more than half of the 55.2 percent Jan Dhan Bank account has been opened for women.