Report Wire - Govt broadcasts 10% reservation and different exemptions for ex-Agniveers in BSF

Report Wire

News at Another Perspective

Govt broadcasts 10% reservation and different exemptions for ex-Agniveers in BSF

3 min read
Govt announces 10% reservation and other exemptions for ex-Agniveers in BSF

The union ministry of house affairs has introduced that 10% of all vacancies on the Border Security Force might be reserved for the Agniveers after their phrases within the military underneath the Agnipath scheme is over. As the tenure of the Agniveers within the Agnipath is simply 4 years, this may be certain that ex-Agniveers could have the chance to hitch the BSF underneath this reservation.

In a notification launched on 6 march 2023, the Ministry of Home Affairs stated that “10 percent of the vacancies shall be reserved for Ex-Agniveers”. Apart from this, the notification additionally stated that the primary batch of Ex-Agniveers shall additionally obtain a 5 years leisure within the Upper Age restrict, whereas the Upper age restrict shall be relaxed by as much as 3 years for Ex-Agniveers of different batches. The notification additional stated that Ex-Agniveers shall be exempted from the Physical Efficiency check.

The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) had earlier in June of 2022 stated that 10% of vacancies within the CAPF and Assam Rifles might be reserved for these individuals who’ve accomplished the 4 years of service underneath the Agnipath Scheme. This reservation was over the prevailing 10% quota for ex-servicemen. The ministry had additionally introduced a five-year age leisure for the primary batch of Agniveers.

The extension of 10 per cent reservation advantages to Ex-Agniveers within the Border Security Force is a transfer to additional scale back the nervousness concerning the employment of the Agnivees after the top of their phrases within the military.

About the Agnipath Scheme

On June 14, 2022, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, together with the chiefs of three armed forces, launched the Agnipath scheme for the recruitment of youth within the armed forces. Those who get enrolled within the armed forces underneath this scheme are known as Agniveers. Enrollment underneath the scheme is open for each women and men for a four-year interval, together with the coaching.

The Agnipath scheme permits patriotic and motivated youth to serve within the armed forces for a brief interval of four-year. As per the press launch by the Defence Ministry, the scheme has been designed to allow a youthful profile of the Armed forces. While 25% of the Agniveers might be absorbed into the military completely after the 4-year time period, the remainder 75% will retire.

Other advantages of the Agnipath scheme

The recruits underneath the Agnipath scheme, often known as Agniveers, get enticing advantages that embrace a custom-made month-to-month package deal clubbed with danger and hardship allowances as relevant within the three providers. After Agniveers full four-year of service within the armed forces, they get a one-time ‘SevaNidhi’ package deal that will comprise their contribution, together with accrued curiosity thereon.

अग्निवीरों के लिए एक अच्छी pay package deal, 4 साल की सेवा के बाद exit पर Seva Nidhi Package एवं एक liberal ‘Death and disability package’ की भी व्यवस्था की गई है: रक्षा मंत्री

— रक्षा मंत्री कार्यालय/ RMO India (@DefenceMinIndia) June 14, 2022

The advantages that the federal government is giving to Agniveers are attracting many younger women and men to hitch the scheme. This transfer to supply a ten per cent reservation in BSF will additional add to the attraction of the scheme for the youth.