Report Wire - China objects to CDS Bipin Rawat’s remarks calling Beijing ‘greatest safety menace’ to India

Report Wire

News at Another Perspective

China objects to CDS Bipin Rawat’s remarks calling Beijing ‘greatest safety menace’ to India

2 min read
Press Trust of India

China has protested to India over Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat’s reported remarks about Beijing constituting the “biggest security threat”, the Ministry of Defence mentioned in Beijing on Thursday.

“Indian officials speculate on the so-called ‘Chinese military threat’ for no reason, which is a serious violation of the strategic guidance of the leaders of the two countries that China and India ‘do not constitute a threat to each other’, and incites geopolitical confrontation, is irresponsible and dangerous,” Chinese Defence Ministry spokesman Sr. Col Wu Qian told an online media briefing here.According to the transcript posted on the defence ministry’s website, Sr. Col Wu was responding to a question on the reported comments by Gen. Rawat recently “stating that the biggest security threat to India is China. There is a lack of ‘trust’ between India and China in resolving the border dispute, and ‘suspicion’ is growing. What is China’s comment on this?”READ: China capable of disrupting systems by launching cyber attacks on India: CDS Bipin Rawat “We express our firm opposition to this. We are firmly opposed to this and have made solemn representations to the Indian side,” Sr Col Wu said. He, however, did not mention when the protest was lodged.”China’s place on the Sino-Indian border problem is evident and unambiguous. The Chinese border guard forces are decided to safeguard nationwide sovereignty and safety, and are dedicated to sustaining peace and tranquillity within the border space, making nice efforts to advertise the de-escalation of the state of affairs,” he mentioned.The defence ministry spokesman additionally quoted an outdated Chinese saying: “If you use copper as a mirror, you can be dressed up; if you use history as a mirror, you can know the rise and fall; if you use people as a mirror, you can understand gains and losses.”The Ladakh standoff started in May final 12 months when China moved over 60,000 of its troops which had been mobilised for workout routines into Pangong Tso and different areas alongside the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in japanese Ladakh.The stress escalated following a lethal conflict in Galwan Valley on June 15 final 12 months.After a chronic standoff, the troops disengaged from probably the most contentious space of Pangong Tso. As a results of a sequence of navy and diplomatic talks, the 2 sides accomplished the disengagement course of within the Gogra in July, however the talks to exercise disengagement from the remaining areas haven’t succeeded up to now.ALSO READ: After Galwan, China realised want for higher coaching, modified deployment: CDS Bipin RawatALSO READ: ‘Territorial ambitions of China and Pakistan want Indian armed forces to stay alert’: Bipin Rawat ALSO READ: China’s tech advances in cyber, area domains most worrisome: General Bipin Rawat